Top 5 Fun Fall Date IdeasSunday, October 09, 2016
Sweaters, pies and all that jazz - fall is finally in full swing which means it’s officially time to bundle up and get in the festive spirit. From leaves changing colours to pumpkin spice everything, there is so much love for autumn and the same thing can be said for the slew of activities that comes with it.
While it's hard to say goodbye to summer, who can resist the quintessential fall activities and spending it with your other half. From apple picking to corn mazes to hair-raising experiences, I decided to add a bit of sugar and spice to my top 5 fall date ideas:
1. Stroll through a Magical SceneImpress your date with a one-of-a-kind light show at Pumpkinferno located at Upper Canada Village. It is a wonderful display of over 7000 hand carved pumpkins, scattered in quite the variety of themed scenes under the night sky. This is certainly a road trip worth taking - you'll encounter intricately carved pumpkin sculptures from Elvis himself to famous portraits by some of the greatest painters in history. The best part? Don't forget to stop by Willard's Hotel on site for a scrumptious homemade dinner that will knock the socks off your date in a cozy atmosphere!
2. Admire Fall Foliage while HikingThere's nothing better than sipping on a pumpkin spice latte and taking a leisurely stroll in the woods. With vibrant colours and a chill in the air, it's the perfect time to cozy up with your date and enjoy each others company. From Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area to Lemoine Point or Rock Dunder, there are endless amounts of trails for you to enjoy.
3. Get Spooked at a Haunted AttractionIf you're a fan of horror movies, scaring your friends or walking alone in the dark than you're in for a treat because haunted attractions are popping up left right and center. This is your chance to show off your bravery with a date at some of the scariest haunted houses such as Fort Fright but hey if you're aren't up for the challenge, they offer protection amulets that ward off the scary creatures.
4. Get Lost in a Corn MazeRight or left? Who knows! Test your skills with your date by losing yourselves in a corn maze this fall. With fun themes, puzzles as well scavengers hunts, farmers have been challenging their visitors with new experience each year with fun and innovative mazes. Are you daring enough to enter? Why not head to Wolfe Island's infamous corn maze for a try!
5. View From On Top with a Helicopter RideWhat better way to capture the fall season with your date than overlooking your city with a helicopter ride! And guess what? 1000 Islands Helicopter Tours by Kouri's Kopters is right in our own backyards. It's clear why helicopter tours are so popular - they combine adventure and spectacular views. This is the most worth-while experience and don't forget to get your cameras ready.
What are some of your favourite fall date ideas?